6/08/2014

(Almost) 22 months

Aubrey is just about 22 months now, I can't believe that she she will soon be 2 years old!

Her language has really taken off in the past month. We can now have little conversations with her, which makes it so much fun. Her sleeping is pretty fantastic, and I may be ruining it by transitioning her to a Toddler bed soon. Getting her to sleep is a little tough. She wants to be held, and rocked…. and rocked… and doesn't find joy in getting into her crib. I am pretty sure that once I introduce her "big girl bed" she will be so excited to sleep in it. Im confident she'll stay in it, but still worried because she's on the second floor. We shall see….!

We recently went to Disney World (Magic Kingdom) for the first time as a family. It was so hot, but so much fun. Aubrey loved the mini outdoor water park and watching all of the people, as I knew she would. I am so happy that we live so close to Orlando since there are so many things to do there as a family. We last only 4 hours but it was worth it. :) We probably won't go again until Fall or Winter. It's just not worth it in the heat… and I LOVE the heat.

OH! And did I mention in the last post that we got rid of her pacifier?! This was our second go around with it. The first time we were on day 6 of still crying for it, and she just happened to get sick… with a fever. I couldn't bare listening to her cry for her paci when sick so I gave in and gave it to her. The second time around was really so much easier, I knew that she was ready. I took it cold turkey (she only got it at sleep time anyway) and she was fine by day 3. I really think it comes down to whether the  child is simply ready to deal with out the pacifier. Life really became so much easier with out it as she turned to her "paci" for every sort of self soothing. For baby number 2 I will for sure get rid of it sooner rather than later.

Her personality traits are still pretty much the same since last time I wrote, expect I am glad to say that her tantrums have calmed a bit. She still gets super mad when she doesn't get her way, or if you don't follow through with that you say you will do (if you say you are going to give her a cracker, you better give her a cracker!) but she calms down a lot quicker. She really is a little person that you have to talk through about everything. Still pretty shy, but once she opens up she's social and loves to be in the middle of everything.

I will have to post photos from Disney in another post. I wanted to at least get this done since I have been so horrible at writing anything.

…soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment