So here goes!!
First off, a quick summary on Aubrey's milestones and moments in the past 10 months.
She started walking at almost 13 months, her first words were dada/mama/bubble/ball at around 14 months. We have blown her ENT doctor's mind with her language development. Growing up he kept saying her language would be delayed and to expect surgery at age 2. (Posterior tongue tie.. which is still a controversal "problem"). He is shocked and I can shove it in his face that her language is developmentally normal. All of those months of worrying worth nothing! Goes to show you can't ALWAYS trust doctors! We did end up getting tubes put in right before her 1st birthday. She was getting a lot of ear infections and failed her hearing test.
She has never been a big napper. She has always slept about 11 hours at night and 1.5 during the day. IF that! She lost some weight when we switched her to whole milk and strictly table food at 12 months. She gained it back now and has remained around the 60th percentile for height and weight.
Anyway… Aubrey now.
20 months
Aubrey has a BIG personality. She is very shy at first but once she warms up she is a social butterfly and loves being the center of attention. She expects routine. If you do something different she will let you know. The tantrum phase started months ago and she does not give up!

She is a little late getting teeth- she is just now getting her molars. She is starting to form two word sentences… which is mostly things like "My ball", "My milk" or "No Buster" (our dog!)
Aubs is on a minimal diary diet. She suffered a runny nose for MONTHS. I mean it literally would run and run and run. Finally I took her off whole milk (She drinks Almond) and started giving her soy or coconut yogurt. She eats cheese maybe once a week when its mac and cheese or a cheese stick. Two weeks after I eliminated dairy her runny nose stopped! I swear diary was the root to all of her problems, even though her allergy test was clean. To this day I think dairy is evil.
Something neat that I started for her….
I created a gmail account for her to have. We will give her the e-mail username/password to her when she is older so she will have personal messages to read back on from each of us, and an e-mail account with a username that is not taken!
…Till next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment