1/01/2013

Happy 4 Months Aubrey!

Happy 4 Month Birthday Aubrey!


Aubrey is now 4 months old! Actually, she was 4 months old 2 weeks ago but I just didn't get around to writing this post. We traveled to Virginia for the holidays and were there for almost 2 weeks. Aubrey got to meet more of her family! :) I was nervous because it would be the first time she would really be taken to a lot of places. For the most part she stays home most of the day, with only short trips every now and then. But to my surprise she did great being out and about almost all day. I am lucky that she is so adaptable. She also did great in the car. The trip was about 12 hours and she did amazing. Coming home we traveled during the day so she was up quite a bit but loved playing in her carseat.

She hasn't had her 4 month check up yet (we go next week) but I'm guessing she's about 16 lbs. She now fits perfectly into her 6 month clothes and we are starting to use size 3 diapers. We wouldn't have to switch to size 3 just yet but her thunder thighs make the size 2 just a tad bit small!



Her sleep schedule has gone haywire since the holidays. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that this past month she has learned to roll over (back to front... for some reason she hasn't figured out front to back yet) and will often roll over in the night and wake herself up. So every 2-3 hours she's up, on her belly, either fussing or playing around. I'm hoping this ends soon! I am also thinking that she went through another growth spurt (even though *they* say it happens at 3 months and then 6 months) since she has been eating like crazy and actually wanting to eat through out the night. Initially I was going to start sleep training her now but I think I am going to hold off for a little longer. I'm probably going to try a modified CIO method and want her to be more mature. 



She has also began to sit all by herself! If sitting unsupported on my bed she can last awhile before toppling over, on the floor she is still very wobbly and will last only a few minutes. 


This past week we introduced rice cereal. She's a natural. She swallows almost everything and takes the spoon very well. For now I am just giving it to her in the evenings since that is when she is the most hungry. I really have my eyes open for any allergies since we have been battling eczema and she is already on Soy. PS- Which by the way, Aveeno Baby lotion for eczema is AMAZING!




I hope everyone had a great Holiday and Happy New Year!

'Till next time!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment