8/17/2012

40 Weeks

We are now 40 weeks pregnant and I wish I had news! Well, I have a little.

She is head down and fully engaged but other than that my 9 month pregnant body is showing no signs that she wants to come any time soon. She defiantly takes after her Daddy on liking to be fashionably late. :) We scheduled an induction date of August 27th. I wanted it a little bit sooner but the doctor is refusing. He wants to wait until I'm 41 weeks because if you do it too soon when your body isn't ready it makes labor a lot longer, painful and increases the risk of a C-Section.

Since I am going past my due date, they wanted me to get an ultrasound today to make sure the baby is healthy and can withstand a longer stay in her cozy "home". If my fluid were low, or if she was too little or too big, they would induce me sooner. However, I am HAPPY to say she appears to be a completely healthy and CHUBBY baby girl (she's still a girl- I made sure they confirmed it again!) The ultrasound technician even made a comment on how big her belly is, and I made a comment to Kesar, "It must be all of those cookies I eat!" (I have really had a sweet tooth this third trimester) But really, her belly looked HUGE! It was even bigger than her head! She is weighing in at 8 lb 9 oz. With another week at most to go, she will gain another pound before she makes her entrance into this world: almost reaching the 10 lb mark. Sooo, let's just say I am ready to get her out ASAP.

Some more great news: My Mom flies in tomorrow for 2 weeks. This relieves a load of stress for when I go in labor. My crazy self has been more worried about who is going to take care of the dogs and less about the actual labor! So, this calms me :) The following week my Dad and Brother will be here so everything will be pretty much perfect as Aubrey makes her debut into this world!

My next post will be the Birth Story. Till next time! <3

2 comments:

  1. Aww you look great!!! Good luck sweetie!!! Cant wait to see pics !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww don't worry too much about the weight! I swear everyone I know who has had that measured they always seem to over estimate! I hope she makes her arrival sooner than later!! If not, 10 days max to go!!

    ReplyDelete