4/15/2012

22 Weeks

After much thinking I have decided to start a blog. I am 22 weeks pregnant and my intentions of this blog are to keep track of pregnancy and baby related things and keep friends and family I don't see very often updated as well. I know it is great to record milestones and nowadays it is so much easier to do this online than in a book.

We found out the sex 2 weeks ago.. IT'S A GIRL! We have decided to call her Aubrey. We are still unsure about the spelling of the name: Aubree or Aubrey. I have a feeling everyone is going to call her "Bree" so Aubree would be cute, but I don't want her to grow up having to correct everyone when they try to spell her name. I'll spell it Aubrey until we know for sure.

This past week I have finally started to feel Aubrey move inside of me. The doctors told me it may take awhile because I have an anterior placenta. This basically means that the placenta (big pillow that protects the baby on one side) is on the front of my uterus (near outside of belly) rather than the back of the uterus where is usually is. The doctor says this is common and doesn't mean anything other than it will take me a little bit longer to feel the baby kick because shes kicking a big pillow and not the lining of my outside abdominal area.

Anyway, seems like Aubrey is most active around 9pm, which is after dinner and when I'm laying in bed. Last night she was really moving. I can't wait until she is kicking enough so Kesar can experience it too.

Last check up we heard the heartbeat: 152 bpm and I am measuring 21cm, which is all normal. At the 20 week ultrasound where we found out the sex we found out she was 14oz, which is heavier than average but still normal. I have a feeling Aubrey is going to be a big baby since I was 9 lbs and some oz when I was born.

Here is a quick recap of my pregnancy symptoms up to this point:

- Little morning sickness 1st trimester (I only got sick when I over ate)
- Headaches!!! But this could have been from going cold turkey on the caffeine. I avoided caffeine the entire 1st trimester but since have been enjoying a cup or two of tea a day. Which the doctor says is fine, just keep it below 200mg/day. I just can't function with out that pick me up and it keeps my headaches at bay.
- Major backaches first trimester, and since then they have subsided

And that's pretty much it! I think I've had it pretty easy, lets just hope that keeps up!

Kesar has started to paint the nursery this weekend. We are going with a lavender color for the walls. We are going to get it set up and ready now but Aubrey will not move in untill she is about 5 months old (or consistently sleeps through the night) Until then she will sleep downstairs so Mommy doesn't have to constantly run up and down through out the night!

That's all for now.. until next time!

PS- Kesar just said he likes the spelling, "Aubree"

No comments:

Post a Comment